Friday, March 26, 2010

Here we are....






I had great intentions of writing in this blog...I had great visions of what it could be. I truly wanted to write all of our life's components....from the beginning till forever. Quickly life got busy, unpredictable, unimaginable, I just didn't do it.
I think the reason might be that I felt too overwhelmed with my HUGE undertaking. Imagine that. Sooooo............I'm going to try this. No back story...no playing catch-up. Here we are. Meet us now. This is us today.
Tonight we went to the movies. My kids LOVE the movies. I really think they just love the popcorn...but hey...the movie helps some. We went to see the new Dragon movie (How to train your dragon) in 3D. I was pleasantly surprised. After a long week we felt an itching to get out as a family tonight. At 7pm we decided to head out to the 7:45pm showing. Josh and I got the kids in jammies and out to the car in record time and we were at the theatre by 7:20. Not bad huh? Noah LOVED it. I feel a new obsession coming on....on the way home he asked (before he fell asleep) if tomorrow I could get him "a lot of paper" for all the dragons he was going to draw. Adalyn did not like the 3D glasses and opted not to wear them as usual. The movie kept her interest some. She made some loud comments here and there and mostly just enjoyed being out with the family. My favorite part about movie night is that we're out late and the kids fall asleep on the way home eliminating "day 2" (this is the part of the day when it's time for the WHOLE bedtime routine, bath, stories, pick up, song ......and it seems to take so much energy that I have decided it really is another day in its self).
As I was getting ready to lay Addy in bed I saw a few strange figures tucked under the blankets. On closer examination they were small Disney Princess figurines. Her latest obsession.
The other day I caught her putting some of her princesses in bed for a 'time out nap'. She explained that those princesses were hitting the other princesses and needed to "take a nap". Her other thing right now is the word "dang". She has picked this up from her older brother and it's so unexpected out of such a little girl that it's funny. I'm not sure if I'm going to tackle this one or not. It makes me laugh.
Noah is Noah. There is no other explanation than that. His name actually means "rest" but we were REALLY off with that. Wishful thinking I gather. He LOVES to play outside with friends in the neighborhood. There is a green space behind our house and that's where they all hang out. The kids climb the trees and look for bugs and all that jazz. It's a kids world back there and they love it. He also is really in love with video games. If I'm not careful he could turn out to be a real junkie. We have to hide the DS Nintendo system from him. However, there have been times that he'll find it and sneak away with it. He learned a great lesson this week about sneaking things. Apparently a few days ago he took the DS to a friends house and outside to play without permission. Needless to say the DS was misplaced and MIA for a while until the truth came out in tears that it really could be anywhere. We explained that while we would help him find it, we would not replace it if it was gone for good.
More tears.
Very thorough search.
Found DS.
DS now REALLY put away.
I think every kid gets this lesson at one point in their life. Don't you?
Noah's also playing baseball this spring. Josh LOVES that. Just getting all the gear was a big deal for the proud papa. Fortunately Noah is just as into it. As a mom I think he's cute in his uniform. We'll have to see how the season plays out, but so far so good. As long as Noah's busy the whole family is happier.
Keeping him busy will be my big challenge this week. It's Spring Break. Bring it on! I think. Wish me luck.






No comments: